Noodle Boy is a nickname my son had when he was a tiny guy and I started this blog. His nickname changes all the time. (Don't worry, we keep his real name the same.) He is completely awesome. Read on and see for yourself!

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Smart=Naughty

Oh man, I'm in trouble. Since Monday my son has accomplished the following: crawling, pulling himself up from the floor, rocking his crib hard enough to move it four feet from the wall and making what I am guessing is supposed to be meowing sounds whenever he sees the kitty. I'm so tired. So I was relaying my week to my friend who is a doctor and she just shook her head and said, "I thought you would probably have trouble with this one." Evidently he's very smart. Of course I've always thought so, what mom doesn't? No he's actually smart. Really smart. She informed me that since he's a "very bright boy" that he would probably start getting in to some trouble. Not that he's going to be a sociopath or anything but he's just going to get the hang of things fast and then need more stimulation right away. Which explains the whirlwind of activity this week. So I'm talking to my husband about the tiny genius before we went to sleep lastnight and I kept hearing what I thought was static coming from the radio under the crib in the other room. I went in to fix the station so it would come in better and when I got into the nursery (on my hands and knees so junior wouldn't see me over the bumper) I realized it wasn't the radio. It was the boy. He was whispering to the baby in the crib mirror. He wasn't talking out loud because it was dark and we're always quiet when it's dark. That's a smart baby.

No comments: