Noodle Boy is a nickname my son had when he was a tiny guy and I started this blog. His nickname changes all the time. (Don't worry, we keep his real name the same.) He is completely awesome. Read on and see for yourself!

Monday, July 13, 2009

Bubble Trouble

My son was traumatized by a bubble bath tonight. He has super-sensitive skin so when he was a just a little peanut we started using hypoallergenic-no-smell-no-color-no-fun baby wash to keep him from getting all rashy and skipping the bubbly stuff because most of it smells good and good smells=bad rashes on this kid.
Then wonder of wonders! Last week I discovered hypoallergenic-no-smell-no-color BUBBLE BATH! Wheeee!

He hates it.

Evidently we missed our opportunity in his early days to introduce him to the joys of a bubbly tub.
He wouldn't sit down! He screamed until I cleared the bubbles away so he could see his feet. I think he thought they disapeared forever. "FEET MAMA! FEEEEEEEEET!!!!!" He calmed down a little when he got his feet back, but then I made the mistake of putting some bubbles on his hand. "Mess.MESS. MESS!!!" He turned his head away and held his hand out as far as he could until I wiped the suds off. After thorough inspection he accepted the hand as part of his body again and tried to bail out of the tub which resulted in a splash down and his entire body covered in the offensive fluff.
*hysteria ensues*
I opened the drain and started the faucet in an effort to wash the bubbles down, while trying to rinse Jon with the cup part of the toothbrush holder. This only created more bubbles/hysteria. Finally in desperation to stop the tears and get rid of the horror that is bubble bath I scooped arm-fulls of bubbles into the toilet, which delighted Jon to no end. Imagine a bathtub's worth of bubbles towering out of a toilet. At this point how can I not laugh right along with him? He was finally able to stand at the very back of the tub and not touch any bubbles I got him rinsed clean. He has fully recovered from the incident, however he does give the toilet a sideways glance when he walks past...

And if anyone would like a barely-used bottle of hypoallergenic-no-smell-no-color bubble bath I have one.

No comments: