Noodle Boy is a nickname my son had when he was a tiny guy and I started this blog. His nickname changes all the time. (Don't worry, we keep his real name the same.) He is completely awesome. Read on and see for yourself!

Sunday, September 13, 2009

The Boy Who Cried "Poop!"

I've been absent, I know.

Jon decided about a month and a half ago that he wanted to start using the toilet like a big guy and our lives have spiralled out of my control a little more everyday since.

We got a little potty chair but Jon has what we call in my family "Aunt Bonnie Butt" and he really can't take care of all of his business using the teeny little seat on the chair. So when it's time for The Big Poop of the day we get out a little froggy and ladybug embellished seat that goes on the Big Guy Toilet and we prop him up there. Get out the frog seat, put it on the toilet, get out the step stool, climb up, turn around, it's quite an undertaking. It has really become a source of amusment for him. So much so that he has to poop about four times a day.

Or so he claims.

Bored with the blocks? "Poop, mom."

Lunch not so appetizing? "Mama! Poop! Hurry!"

Bedtime rolls around too soon? "NOOOO! POOOOOOOP!"

But he's really not pooping. He's just yanking my chain! And he knows he's got me, because I'm not going to not take him and then have it really be the time he needs to go. What a little coniver! He's like the boy who cried "Wolf!"

1 comment:

Reverend Awesome said...

He's a smart little cookie!