Noodle Boy is a nickname my son had when he was a tiny guy and I started this blog. His nickname changes all the time. (Don't worry, we keep his real name the same.) He is completely awesome. Read on and see for yourself!

Monday, February 15, 2010

My son, the clepto.

A few months ago we accidently left a toy from the diaper bag at a local restaurant. We went back last week and low and behold, there on the table where the crayons and coloring books are kept was the toy. It is be no means a special toy, in fact I think it's just from a Happy Meal or something. It cheap and cheesy and I hadn't even noticed it was gone. Jon however was delighted to see his long lost treasure and was even more excited to see that his name was still on the back and everything. So we ate and Jon had a grand time catching up with his long lost pal. when go home time rolled around I was a little conflicted as to what to do with our newly reclaimed toy. It was originally Jon's, but I wasn't really sure I wanted to be seen taking a toy out that nobody saw us bring in. But it was Jon's. "JON'S MOM!" There was no leaving it behind this time. So instead of having Jon carry it out and look like we were stealing reastaurant toys I discreetly put it in my purse until we got to the truck.
Problem solved.
However there was a new problem when we were at church the next day. Jon decided he needed to take home one of the trucks from the nursery. I went to put his coat on him and he thrust the truck into my hands and whispered (in that very loud kid-whisper) "Mom! Put it in purse! Jon have it outside!"
Nice.

2 comments:

Reverend Awesome said...

I love the talking in the third person thing kids do! Tori must have taught Alyssa "I" and "me" because she doesn't do it. Tori used to always say things like, "No. Tori does it." "That is Tori's" Oh it was delightful.

JenB37 said...

The third person speak is hilarious! I'm a little sad that he is using "I" and "me" once in awhile because I know he'll stop with the cute talk soon.