Noodle Boy is a nickname my son had when he was a tiny guy and I started this blog. His nickname changes all the time. (Don't worry, we keep his real name the same.) He is completely awesome. Read on and see for yourself!

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Boys are gross.

The other day Jon and I were doing some super cleaning. The move the furniture and sweep things that never see daylight kind of cleaning. It was kind of a big deal.

So I moved the couch out away from the wall to clean behind it and I noticed some little teeny specks on the end of the radiator that sticks out from behind the couch.

At first I thought maybe it was one of those situations where a little cloud of gnats finds some place to hang out together, then they all die in one place and there's gnat carnage sitting in a teeny pile in your house. Which happens by the fruit bowl in the summer at our house all the time. I hate it. I'm a big fan of tidiness, and to me bugs are sort of anti-tidy. I was assuming that a snack or maybe some juice had made it's way behind the couch and that's why that gnats were there.

Sadly though, upon further inspection, I discovered it wasn't a gnat-pile after all. I had a pretty good hunch as to what it was, but I thought I'd double check with Jon just in case I was mistaken.

I very casually asked Jon if he had any idea what was on the radiator.

"Hey,Booper? Do you know what this stuff is on the radiator behind the couch?"

"Oh, I don't know. I think it's just something that floated up from the erf."(earth)

"Really? Because they sort of look like boogers. Are you sometimes putting boogers back here?" I'm trying to be super-cool, no Loud Mom Voice here. Nothing makes a kid clam up like an angry mom.

And a very nonchalant Jon replies, "Oh,yeah. Sometimes when I watch TV I put my boogers there!"

"Oh. How come, Jon?"

"BECAUSE. That's where I keep my BOOGERS, Mom."

And there you have it. That's where he keeps his boogers, folks.

We had a quick rundown of all the places he could put boogers, which only included tissues and toilet paper if the tissues were gone. Here's hoping I don't run into any more collections.

2 comments:

Reverend Awesome said...

I wish I was a tidy person. How does one train themselves to be tidy at this point in life? I'm 32 and I'm just a slob! Not a booger collector, thank God, but a slob.

Gosh. You're such an even keeled, Mom. Does it make it easier dealing with booger collections knowing it will make good blog fodder? I find awful things are more palatable that way.

JenB37 said...

I bet Scott's glad you're not a booger collector. I wish I wasn't quite so crazy about the tidiness. I can't help it, it's an illness.

I try to stay cool, because I've noticed when I get all bent out of shape it comes right back to me. Jon was playing with the Buddies one day and he was yelling and just being a big meany and I realized that he was saying things to them that I had said to him. And I felt like a real a-hole. I'm glad I heard it though, so I know that what I say and do really sticks in his head. It's a good thing to remember as a mom.